BIBLE

BIBLE

Sunday, October 16, 2011

My Story Part- 5 Transformed from Touch- Me-Not to Forget- Me-Not !

2 Corin 4:7 : “But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.”

-Contd from Part 4 ) 
As we saw in the past few posts , it is during tough times that God teaches us our most precious lessons. If you were to ask me to point out the most valuable one, without a second thought I'd tell you that the most powerful one has also been my most difficult lesson and I continue to learn it every day. That is the  lesson of Meekness – The Power to Refuse to be Offended, no matter what. I’ve already shared it with you in MEEKNESS IS NOT WEAKNESS. This post is about how this lesson turned my life around- Today, by the grace of God, a total Touch- Me- Not is now slowly becoming a sweet Forget- Me- Not!
Caught in action!

Maybe you have seen a Touch Me Not which is a sensitive plant with pretty leaves and a small fluffy pink flower-head. Its specialty is its rapid plant movement- its leaves close whenever something touches it. Many of us are just like that. Due to past hurt, we are easily offended by others words/ actions that we react strongly either by withdrawal/avoidance. When closed, the plant is hardly noticeable and it looks like common grass. It symbolizes shyness or shrinking.  

A Forget me not on the other hand is a lovely plant with small blue flowers and they symbolize faithfulness and enduring love. It continues to linger in people’s memories not because of size/ fragrance, but simply because no matter what you do to it ,it will continue to be the same sweet smiling flower that it is!

Many times the hard knocks of life and rejection from people change us into persons we may not know nor want to be. We may even be struggling to be the person we really want to be but are afraid, I want to encourage you today that God sees beyond our fears and frailties. Not only does He sees us as we are now but He also sees us as what we can become in Christ. As we surrender ourselves into His hands, the magical transformation begins and we become more like Christ little by little day by day. This change is one that is from the Inside Out and it happens by the grace of God alone so that we say just like the Psalmist in Psalms 118:23 : “This is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes.”  

Concluding this 5 part series with the famous lines of the great poet Robert Frost:

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
Friends, with this Post I come to the end of this 5 part Series. Do pray for me as I continue learning and sharing with you all that He puts on my soul. I truly pray that 'My Story' here will be a small reflection of what God can do with a life that is totally surrendered to Him. Just leaving you with this special verse that has carried me through many tough seasons. 1 Corin 2:9 :“Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man. The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”
Click to enjoy these lovely songs:
1)HOLY IS OUR GOD  http://youtu.be/89BNv1HIvFk

 2) He’s still working on me: http://youtu.be/O-2_3qrv7Tg


 Have a blessed week,

Take care, God bless,

Sparky Laurie

All Rights Reserved ©Copyright Protected