BIBLE

BIBLE

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Aug 17th 2011 RUNNING THE RACE OF FAITH

Hi there,
While prayerfully pondering over what to share with you this week, the Lord brought to my mind a dream I had many years back while I was in college. I share it in obedience believing that it will encourage someone in their spiritual walk with the Lord.
“I was running a race on a straight path ahead of me with lovely green trees on both sides. I  had a good head start and was actually enjoying the running.After some time, I  could see the finish line ahead. When I saw how little more there was to go- almost only an arms length, I looked back for the others and then suddenly as I lost my focus, I heard a loud alarm bell ring and suddenly a glass door closed which prevented me from being able to finish the race and cross to the other side. I was shocked, more so because it was by such a short distance that I had missed winning and entering to the other side !”
This dream really shook me but I also felt an inner peace as it was a warning in love by our Loving Father who warns His beloved Children of dangers so that we may avoid them. Though not immediately applicable at that time, I have treasured this dream in my heart since that day. It reminds me of  Gal 5:7 “ You were running a good race, what hindered you that you should not obey the truth?”
 Many of us start off our race of Faith with a good head start. However due to different reasons we unknowingly/unintentionally lose our focus. One of the main reasons for this may be the trials of life that make us weary or discouraged . I’d like to share with you some points by  Erwin W Lutzer  that can help us in understanding what a Temptation/Trial really is:
1)It is God’s method of testing our Loyalty to Him –
We actually prove our Love for God when we obey Him no matter what happens.
2)It is God’s Character Development Curriculum for us-
3)It is God’s magnifying glass showing how much work He has left to do in us.
4)To bring out our latent sinfulness, just like heating metals like gold brings impurities to the surface.
5)To confirm us to the Image of His Son- the actual finished product!
6)To bring out the best and worst in us- It often reveals hidden potential we never knew we had.
7)My fav one of all : God strikes at the core of our Motivation-He is not interested in applying a fresh coat of paint with new rules but wants to rebuild us with new values. He is intrested in our heart- our most important part - which nobody else sees except GOD and the person.
Lord enable us to say at the end of it all : 2 Timothy 4:7 “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith” Run in order to win the prize!
Enjoy this lovely song as we run the race to win the prize!  HOMEWARD BOUND! https://youtu.be/2lYwaN5KdgM



Have a blessed week,
Take Care, God bless,
Sparky Laurie
PS: Post your prayer requests,if any on our Prayer Wall.

All Rights Reserved ©Copyright Protected