BIBLE

BIBLE

Friday, November 11, 2011

OUR HEAVENLY FATHER KNOWS BEST

Isa 55:8, 9: “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways my ways,” says the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.”

Hi friends,
I recently came across this story that reminds us that often God's answers to our prayers may not always come in the way or at the time we expect them to. When tempted to doubt /give up, we must make every effort to wait patiently by meditating on all the times in our past that He has proved Himself faithful to His word and that will help us trust His goodness for our Present and Future. It may be hard and may not make sense to us but that’s alright. Quit trying to understand, instead just trust His infinite wisdom and power believing that our Loving Heavenly Father always knows what is best for us.

Rom 8:28 : “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”
Gen 50:20 : “You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.”
The Burning Hut
The only survivor of a shipwreck was washed up on a small, uninhabited island. He prayed feverishly for God to rescue him, and every day he scanned the horizon for help, but none seemed forthcoming.
Exhausted, he eventually managed to build a little hut out of driftwood to protect himself from the elements, and to store his few possessions.
But then one day, after scavenging for food, he arrived home to find his little hut in flames, the smoke rolling up to the sky. The worst had happened – everything was lost. He was stunned with grief and anger.
“God, how could you do this to me?” he cried.
Early the next day, however, he was awakened by the sound of a ship that was approaching the island. It had come to rescue him.
“How did you know I was here?” asked the weary man of his rescuers.
“We saw your smoke signal,” they replied.
It’s easy to get discouraged sometimes when things appear to be going badly, but we shouldn’t lose heart, because God is at work in our lives, even in the midst of pain and suffering. Remember, next time your little hut is burning to the ground, it may just be a smoke signal that summons the grace of God. So hang in there!
For all the negative things we have to say to ourselves, God always has a positive answer.

 We say, “It’s impossible”.
God says: “All things are possible”. (Luke 18:27)
We say, “I’m too tired.”
God says: “I will give you rest”. (Matt 11:28, Isa 40: 29)
We say, “Nobody really loves me”.
God says: “I love you”. (John 3:16, Isa 43:4)
We say, “I can’t go on.”
God says: “My grace is sufficient.” (II Cor. 12:9)
We say, “I can’t figure things out.”
God says: “I will direct your steps.” (Proverbs 3:5-6)
We say, “I can’t do it.”
God says: “You can do all things thru Christ.” (Philipians 4:13)
We say, “It’s not worth it.”
God says: “It will be worth it.” (Romans 8:28, Jer 29:11)
We say, “I can’t forgive myself.”
God says: “I forgive you.” (I John 1:9, Romans 8:1)
We say, “I can’t manage.”
God says: “I will supply all your needs.” (Phil 4:19)
We say, “I’m afraid.”
God says: “I have not given you a spirit of fear.”(II Tim. 1:7, Isa 43:1 )
We say, “I’m always worried and frustrated”.
God says: “Cast all your cares on ME (I Peter 5:7)
We say, “I don’t have enough faith.”
God says: “I’ve given everyone a measure of faith.” (Romans 12:3)
We say, “I’m not smart enough.”
God says: “I give you wisdom.” (James 1:5,Jer 1:9,1 Corin 12:8)
We say, “I feel all alone.”
God says “I will never leave you or forsake you.” ( Isa 58:11, Heb. 13:5)
So, when we're confused or weary of trying to figure it all out,let's just relax, take a deep breath and say OUR HEAVENLY FATHER KNOWS BEST & HE'S TOTALLY IN CONTROL. We will be immediately transformed like the man in the pic below, LOL ;)
 Some encouraging songs for you :
1)    GOD IS IN CONTROL:  http://youtu.be/82-84EKIaqE

2)     I WILL RUN TO YOU : http://youtu.be/RZGqKqciv8E

 
Have a blessed week,
Take care, God bless,
Sparky Laurie