BIBLE

BIBLE

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

REST IN RESTLESSNESS

Mathew 8:27 : “What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him!”
All of us are caught in this rat race of life where the stronger, the smarter ,the faster man /woman is the winner. Yes, friend even after having accepted the Lord, we may struggle with areas that have become so ingrained in us that they may be impossible for us to get rid of. Thank God for grace. Thank God we have a God who cares not only for our souls but our whole well being- body, spirit, soul.As long as we are alive there will be some or other storm in our life and if we wait for every storm of to pass in order to enjoy our life we will wait forever.God wants us to stop praying for the storm to pass and instead to learn how to rest in the midst of it.
The Lord revealed to me recently how I just could never REST from my efforts to make things alright. He showed me how weary and worn out I had become. It was around this time that I heard a man of God saying that the anointing God has given us is first and foremost for us and then for others, this was the beginning of my breakthrough.Verses like the ones below came alive to me and I realized how badly I needed to  quit striving and start resting like a child in his mother’s arms.


Psalms 23:1-3 “The Lord is my shepherd; I have everything I need.He lets me rest in green meadows and leads me beside peaceful streams.He renews my strength.He guides me along right paths,bringing honor to His name.”
He guides us along right paths and that will bring glory to Jesus name.

Mathew 11:28-29 “Jesus said, Come to me all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you because I am humble and gentle and you will find rest for your souls.For my yoke fits perfectly and the burden I give you is light.”
Jesus not only invites us to come to Him with our heavy burdens but promises that He will teach us how to handle life’s burdens.

Isa 40:30,31 “Even youths will become exhausted and young men will give up.But those who wait on the Lord will find new strength. They will fly high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.”
The world that we live in today guarantees no tension free zone for anyone, young or old we all have our own wearisome burdens but thank God that if we wait upon our Lord, He will strengthen us to soar high like eagles,to run and not get weary,to walk and not faint.

Isa 58: 11 “The Lord will guide you continually, watering your life when you are dry and keeping you healthy too.You will be like a well watered garden like an ever flowing spring.”
How amazing that we will be guided continually by God Himself.He will keep us well-watered with living waters in our driest seasons and we will be like a spring for others to drink from too.
Isa63:14 “As with cattle going down into a peaceful valley,the Spirit of the Lord gave them rest.You led your people, Lord and gained a magnificent reputation.”
It is the Lord who gives us rest.We need not even try to rest, it is His gift and He gets the glory!
Luke 11:41,42 “My dear Martha ,you are so upset over all these details.There is only one thing worth being concerned about.Mary has discovered it and I won’t take it away from her.”
Sitting at the Master’s feet and spending time in His word is the best place to be when we are troubled over things too difficult for us to solve.
It is easy to be at rest when the climate is favorable but the real test comes when we can be at rest in the eye of the storm. That is the place where our faith is really tested. When the storm comes and the waves thrash against our boat can we sleep peacefully like Jesus did on the storm tossed boat? We need to learn to as we mature into His likeness. We have the same authority that our Lord Jesus had over the wind and the waves as it is no longer we who live but He who lives in us! And it is at that moment the watching world will say just like the disciples did that day in Mathew 8:27  : “What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him!”

Let that be our testimony; far more powerful than any sermon we could give!

Enjoy these amazing songs:

AT THE CROSS : It is at the Cross that Jesus finished it all for us and hence we can be at rest forever!



RESTLESS: Till we rest in God



PRAYER: HEAVENLY FATHER, WE LONG FOR THE REST THAT ONLY YOU CAN GIVE US. WE ASK YOU LORD TO QUIETEN OUR SOULS AND GIVE US THE PEACE THAT PASSETH ALL HUMAN UNDERSTANDING THAT YOU HAVE PROMISED US IN YOUR WORD.THANK YOU LORD. IN JESUS NAME, Amen.

Have a wonderful week.

Take care, God bless,

Sparky Laurie