BIBLE

BIBLE

Saturday, September 17, 2011

WHEN HEART IS FULL,WORDS ARE FEW

Rev 7:17 :For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; he will lead them to springs of living water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes."
Hi,  I just came to know about the unexpected demise of the husband of a very dear friend of mine. How can I comfort my grieving friend? I dedicate this post to HER , my special friend :
A one in a million friend who clicked with me in an instant and who understood me almost effortlessly.

A hospitable  friend I knew I could always run to at any point in life and know without a doubt that I 'd be welcomed with smiles & open arms.
A kind friend who patiently listened (without interrupting / judging) allowing me to talk  just because she knew how much I needed to let the steam out.
A thoughtful friend who would never forget my Birthday which incidentally was one day after hers!

A generous friend who would always remind me of her love through simple heartfelt tokens  like flowers from her own garden or yummy homemade goodies.
An encouraging friend who held my trembling hand and told me that I looked gorgeous on my Wedding Day.
A well-wishing friend who cried Goodbye as I left my parent's home to step into my marital home.

A comforting friend who sat by my bedside and read Bible passages  to comfort & encourage me when I was weary and discouraged.

A caring friend who was my first visitor at the hospital and the first to cradle my newly born into her loving arms
A selfless friend who was the first to shower my little one with sweet kisses as she sang sweet lullabies putting both me and my baby to sleep.

A Godly friend who  cried prayers to God as she watched me cry in excruciating pain caused by my surgically removed  gall bladder.
A loyal friend who would fight for me and stand by me if not always in words always in action.
A peaceful friend who the very thought of always filled my mind with joy and serenity.
A bosom friend who though hundreds of miles away was always closer to heart than even some who were just inches away.
A true friend who I knew would correct me when I was wrong but always so gently that I wouldn’t even know the rebuke.
A blessed friend who has been an angel sent to me by God ; one of the biggest blessings in my life
An unforgettable friend who I am proud to call FRIEND and who I will forever treasure.
From the above words, I think you understand how much this friend means to me and yet when I heard the news, I was at first in a state of unbelief & shock and then I felt sadness and Pain. I felt her pain….and wondered why God allowed this to happen to such a noble, kind and meek soul as her and yet for some things in life we will get answers only later. What could I say to my dearest friend in the whole world to comfort her at such a time as this?
A hug is something that goes a long way in saying the unsaid but even that was not possible ; us being hundreds of miles away! So a few broken words, painful sighs & then some mild reassurances through the phone ; [words were few as heart was full..] and then I hung up and cried. I then did the only thing to do - I PRAYED asking the Holy Spirit  to be her Comforter to comfort her in ways I couldnt and give her supernatural peace through this storm in her life. After that I wrote her a mail including some verses of  comfort & a few Christian songs to cheer her up. It is then that I felt peace.
Have you dear friend experienced the loss of a loved one – person / even pet ? Or maybe you know someone who has ? If you have, you know exactly what I'm talking about – the helplessly painful and unexplainable feeling…. something that neither words / anything in this world can heal. I learned something new today : At moments like this , we don’t need to play Doctor. We just need to call the DOCTOR : OUR GREAT PHYSICIAN ;  HEALING FOR THE WOUNDED HEART MUST COME FROM THE HEALER ALONE.
These are the moments of quietness which need to become moments of POWER-and for that, they need to be MOMENTS OF PRAYER.
God never promised a life without pain,
Laughter without tears or sun without rain.
But He did promise strength for the day,
Comfort for the tears and the light for the way,
And for all who believe In His Heaven above
He rewards their faith In His everlasting love. - Author Unknown

Let us take a moment to remember my friend and family as well as anyone  who is grieving the loss of their loved ones. Rev 21:4 says “He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever."
Enjoy this Song by Jeremy Camp (an anointed musician who himself has experienced the grief of loss).The song reconfirms the message in the above verse :

CLICK HERE:   http://youtu.be/UlXp4PBi7oc




 
 Take care, God bless,
Sparky Laurie










All Rights Reserved ©Copyright Protected